about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Devil Went Up to Star Fleet

The Devil went Up to Star Fleet.
He was looking for a soul to steal.
He was in a bind, 'cause he was way behind,
and he was willing to make a deal.
When he came across this young boy
flying a Tomcat and running it hot.
Well the Devil jumped up on a ready rack, and said,
"Boy let me tell you what.

I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a fighter pilot too.
Now if you care to take a dare, well I'll make a bet with you.
Now you fly pretty good fighter, boy, but give the Devil his due,
I'll bet a medal of gold against your soul
'cause I think I'm better than you."

The boy said, "My name's Rimmer and it might be a sin,
But I'll take your bet. You're gonna regret,
'cause I'm the best there's ever been."

Rimmer, order up you drones and load your booster packs.
'cause hell's broke loose in Star Fleet
and the Devil loads the racks.
And if you win you'll get this shiny medal made of gold,
But if you lose the Devil gets your soul. Hey!

The Devil climbed into his seat, said "I guess I'll start the fight."
And fire flew from his Stinger's tail as he roared into the night.
When he turned that rig across the bow, I heard the evil sing.
Then a band of demons climbed aboard, and rode upon his wings.

So the Devil cartwheeled,
and he fired his phaser on Rimmer's tail.
But Rimmer popped up quickly, jerked his rudders to the rails.

He launched RALADs on the fly, run boys run.
The Devil's gonna hurt when the fight is done.
Chaff clouds in the burners kicking out sparks,
Devil does your crate fly ... into parts?

So the Devil dropped his gear
because he knew that he'd been had.
He set his damaged fighter on the deck near Rimmer's pad.
And Rimmer said, "Devil, just come on back
if you ever want to fight again,
'cause I've told you twice, you son of a Kzin,
I'm the best there's ever been."

He launched RALADs on the fly, run boys run.
The Devil's gonna hurt when the fight is done.
Chaff clouds in the burners kicking out sparks,
Devil does your crate fly ... into parts?


WITH APOLOGIES TO
The Devil went down to Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band


Parody copyright (c) 2010 Stephen V. Cole