about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Sometimes we get in a hurry in our passage through life. When we do, we may become so focused on a goal that we don't see anything but the goal and the fact we haven't made it there yet. Perhaps it is a good thing that we have a holiday which reminds us to slow down (who could hurry when he's stuffed full of turkey?) and notice all the good things in life.

I wondered what people in ADB, Inc. would give thanks for and asked them.

Steven Petrick responded, "I am thankful that there are still men and women who will step up and defend the United States from those who would do it harm."

Steve Cole quickly answered, "I am thankful for my customers, the staff, my employees, my family, my friends, and most of all Leanna."

Mike Sparks also had friends and family on his mind when he wrote, "I'm thankful for my friends, for those that I have met through this year, and my family -- those that live close and those that live far."

Eric Olivarez wrote, "Just wanted to give my thanks to all the wonderful people I work with here at ADB, Inc., to all who serve our country and fight for our freedom, and to all my great friends who always keep a smile on my face. I'm thankful for having a loving and caring mother, and a brother who will always be there for me no matter what. I'm thankful for having a roof over my head, and the awesome food my mother cooks for me every night, but most of all I am thankful for being able to live one more day with good health and a bright future ahead of me."

And me? This year I have looked at the world through a different lens. I'm thankful for my friends and family, for having a home for me and my furkids, for my health, and for the joy that I feel each day when I see something that is right in the world, be it the smile of a child or the look of enlightenment when a student sees the answer.

What about you? Reach out and tell someone that you are thankful they are in this world. By sharing that, you will brighten another person's day.

We at Adb, Inc. hope that you enjoy this day.