about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

RANDOM THOUGHTS #230

Steve Cole ponders various thoughts that came to mind.
  

1. Women's lib did not mean that guys could stop being gentlemen. Giving women equality doesn't mean men can't open doors for them or let them go first in line.
        

2. You are the only person responsible for your own happiness, but are you really the kind of person who should be held responsible for anything?
       

3. There are three basic reasons that someone hates you: they see you as a threat, they hate themselves, or they want to be you (or at least, in your job).
     

4. In the last 15 years half of the world's giraffe population has been wiped out by native hunters who suddenly realized that the creatures are stupid, easy to kill, and a walking butcher store. Wild populations have dropped from 140,000 to 80,000. In another 15 years they could be extinct in the wild.
        

5. I was walking the dog on a Saturday in early May when I found a license plate laying in the street. I was taught long ago that license plates are important, so I noted the location, carried it home, and called the police, who sent an officer to pick it up and have me fill out a report. No end of things might have happened to cause it to be left there (some good, some criminal) and in any event if I had left it someone else might have picked it up and used it. I will never know if that thing led to a major breakthrough in a critical case or was just some random bit of road junk (the police have no reason to tell me what they found out and I won't ask since it's none of my business and it might make me look guilty of something) but I was proud to be a good citizen for the day.