about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Monday, February 23, 2009

What Would You Change in Your Past?

Jean Sexton writes:

One of those Internet questionnaires was floating around this weekend; you've no doubt seen them in your email box before. You know the type of question asked (my answers are in the parentheses):

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? (Purple!)

How many keys do you have on your keyring? (1, 2, and half a ton)

Where would you like to retire? (Amarillo!)

A friend sent back that the quiz was too long, and suggested 20 other questions. These were not the "typical" questions you find on such internet "getting to know you" emails.

If you could have lunch with three deceased people from history, who would they be? You can assume they speak your language, but you cannot assume they would answer your questions truthfully or at all. (Elizabeth I, Lord Byron (anyone "mad bad, and dangerous to know" would be an interesting guest), and Queen Victoria)

What was the best meal you had this week? (Nuked baked potato with butter. Ate it with hot Russian tea to drink.)

If you could change one decision you made earlier in your life, what would it be?

That one made me think. What would I change? And then--If I changed that, what would be the consequences?

I finally decided that I wouldn't change anything. I like the fact that I ended up on ADB, Inc.'s BBS one day when SVC was interested in finding out my opinion on something. If I changed something bad that happened in my life, would I have found a path that led me to this day when I can ask you, "
If you could change one decision you made earlier in your life, what would it be?"

And missing that, I would regret.