about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Saturday, February 07, 2009

The First Saturday

This is Steven Petrick Posting.

Today is the First full working Saturday in the new building. Most of "the crew" is here, Leanna working on orders, SVC and SPP working on getting products done, and Mike Sparks working on getting orders ready to ship on Monday.

All of us are kind of "rattling around" in the building. There is a lot of space compared to where we were, and it takes more time to move from one area to another. It is no longer a case, for example, of SVC just turning around from his computer and talking to me (or vice versa), now it is a case where if either one of us wants to discuss something with the other he has to get up and go to the other office (or send an E-Mail to the other person to come to his office).

Even trips to use "the facilities" are more time consuming since those are futher away.

The refigerator used to be next to my desk, and while I had to get up to get anything out of it (the door opened towards my desk rather than away, so I had to get around it to get something out of the refigerator), now I have to walk to an entirely different room.

Things are not helped by the continuing need to "put things away", i.e., find a proper place for everything and place it there. With luck, I will be able to spend next Saturday just going through the last four boxes in my own room and filing everything that needs filing, so that I will no longer have a skid sitting just inside my door. (What I will do with the space gained I do not know.)

Things continue to move forward.