about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Monday, February 02, 2009

On Moves and Blogs and Communication

Jean Sexton writes:

By now, most people know that ADB, Inc. has successfully moved from its old location on 45th Street in Amarillo to a new location on 10th Street in Amarillo. It was a bold move by the company to leave its rented quarters to go to a building owned by Steve and Leanna Cole. While ADB, Inc. will still pay rent (but to Steve and Leanna, not to some outside person), the company will never have to worry about unanticipated rent increases again. The work areas look spacious, everyone has some privacy, and creativity can flow.

I have a great deal of respect for the amount of work Steven Petrick puts into writing this blog each day. When I write, I tend to wander where my thoughts take me, dragging the reader along willy-nilly. Petrick's stories usually illuminate a point very related to wargaming. To come up with a coherent story each day and to shape it to be of general interest takes real work. Many times a company's blog languishes with occasional entries of sterile news. If you read this blog, you come to know Steven and Steve and, through their eyes, the others in the company.

I came to ADB, Inc. via communication interests. This blog reaches out to many people with varied interests--as varied as those of the people who are ADB, Inc. Whether it has been to discuss Girl Scout Cookies, movies, SFB Galactic Conquest, or whatever else has crossed my mind, it has been enjoyable to share with you, ADB, Inc.'s extended family, these thoughts.

Steven Petrick should return in the next day or so to tell you what is really happening at the company and to relate his stories and opinions.Thank you all for your attention this last couple of weeks, thanks especially for those who took the time to let me know they enjoyed what I had written, and thanks to Steve and Steven for entrusting the blog to my care and feeding.

I hear a voice in the wings whispering, "Say good night, Jean." I shall hear and obey.

Good Night, All!