about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Saturday, April 07, 2007

It's snowing in Amarillo

Steve Cole reports: Not much snow, just enough to cover the grass while the pavement has kept itself melted off. Over night, we'll get a thin coating of ice. Amarillo has had more White Easters than White Christmases and this will be another one of them. Despite being in a heated building, I'm cold just sitting here. When I rest my forearm on the desk to work the mouse, the desk is cold as ice, probably heat conducting through the metal desk and concrete floor into the ground. I want to be home in my recliner with a warm cat and a rerun of CSI. Actually, the only reason to come to town (I could make up the work later) was to get groceries so I wouldn't have to get out tomorrow. Leanna and I only cook a few times a week (if you don't count microwaving a can of something as cooking) but the weekends are mostly when we do this. I did rustle up some eggs, bacon, and potatoes for supper last night. Anyway, I'm here at the office, went through Email and the BBS. We're all excited about getting to work on CL35 with half of it done and the rest of it easily done over the next six weeks, instead of doing all of it in two weeks. Monday, we'll get going on Monday.