about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A day in the office, like so many others

Every day is unique. Today the roads were so bad I didn't get here until 11am, brought a bag lunch (which I just finished in 10 minutes flat) and I'm planning to leave at 4pm. We have an inch of ice covered by six inches of snow, and all of the idiots who don't know how to drive in good weather picked today to practice driving. So I avoid the hours that the roads are busy. But, I need to make the most of what time I have.

Let's see what I've done in the three hours I have been here and plan to do in the next two hours.
1. I deleted 700 spam emails. Typical day.
2. I answered a dozen legitimate emails. Typical day.
3. I checked the DiscusBBS and dealt with somebody unhappy because he never got a medal for doing something we never knew he had done.
4. I constructed a semi-finished mock-up of a new product nobody has heard about.
5. I am waiting for Jolene to get back from lunch (she drives a jeep) so we can discuss ways to get her photographs of new starship miniatures to print better.
6. I got some playtest reports on Tholian Attack and processed the data. I need to do another couple of ships for this week's quota. Vanessa could get upset if I don't deliver enough pages of several new products each week.
7. I had several conversations with people about whether D6 and WEG are still viable properties for Prime Directive. (Looks good but until I get Eric Gibson on the Ehorn I won't know.
8. I gave Steve Petrick a copy of the Borders of Madness Scout Rules. (I wrote this yesterday but had a problem getting the file to print a hard copy, caused by my entering the wrong page number.)
9. I spent a moment missing Vanessa who is with her children at their school party.
10. I processed a total of 11 requests for membership in the phpForum. I gotta remember to go read it. Just now remembered that I needed to blog.
11. In the next two hours, I need to do something useful. I'll probably read FYEO and post the files for 16-20 on the other BBS, and maybe work on tholian ship cards.