about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ten Things About Mail Order

BUSINESS MANAGER LEANNA COLE WRITES: I am the one who processes your mail orders, and I wanted to pass along a few useful items of information to you.

1. Much bigger companies have their mail orders processed by computer, without human intervention. Our mail orders are processed by a human being (me), and I can usually tell when something happened that wasn't intended. If I get two identical orders from you, I will assume you only want one of them, but I will email you about that. If anything else looks like you accidentally ordered something you didn't really want, I will email you before charging your card. Even so, feel free to call by land line (806-351-1950) and check with me directly if you have a question.

2. The online store isn't perfect, and sometimes it gives you an error message when there was no error. Sometimes when you order a second time (to get beyond the error) you end up with both orders. As above, I'm not a computer, and if I see the computer do something that seems wrong, I will ask you by Email.

3. Note carefully that I will ask questions by Email if I don't understand your order or think you or the computer made a mistake. So give me an Email address that you will check several times over the next day or two. People have called me a week later asking where their order is, having never checked the Email account they gave me to see that I cannot process their order for some reason.

4. If a product is available at either web store, it's in stock. Very rarely in some special cases (items not in regular stock, such as bags of factory seconds miniatures) we may run out of something and need a day to delete it from the store. But for regular stock items such as Klingon Border, if it’s on the cart, we have it in stock.

5. Generally speaking, if I can give you faster delivery and save you a few dollars, I may switch your order from whatever shipping method you specified to another method (usually from UPS to Post Office). If there is a reason that you do not want to use a particular carrier (maybe you and your postman do not get along) then use special instructions to tell me this.

6. Special instructions (accessed during check out) is your chance to tell me anything out of the ordinary. If you aren't sure you ordered the right thing, if you want it packed a special way, if you want one of the Steves to autograph it for you, just use special instructions and I'll do what I can. You can also Email or phone in special instructions. You can even include special instructions that you are going to phone in the next day to confirm something and for me not to process the order until we talk.

7. We normally ship products two or three days a week, so your order never waits more than a day or two ... unless I sent you an Email asking for you to confirm or clarify something. Most orders sent one night (and in my Email the next morning) go out the day I get them.

8. When you place an order, the processing system checks to be sure your card is valid and that your billing address matches your credit card company or bank's billing address. Both the street address and zip code must match exactly or the charge will be declined. Please be aware that if your charge is declined, the computer may still place a hold on your funds for the total amount of the order. In many cases, submission with a valid credit card number with an incorrect billing address will still result in a hold on your account. If this occurs, please note that those authorizations will drop off your account within 2 -to- 4 business days depending on your issuing bank. If it does accept the order, it will not charge your card but it will "lock up" a portion of your credit limit equal to the order. It's very easy for me to reduce this amount (say, I find a cheaper way to ship it) but it's impossible for me to increase it (if you try to add something). If you aren't entirely sure what you want and can wait a day extra, email me (sales@StarFleetGames.com) to determine what you want to order before trying to order it.

9. Generally speaking, we list new products on the stores 5-7 days before mail order release (which is one week after wholesale order shipments). Please do not try to order new products prior to their being listed on the cart. It doesn't get your order shipped any faster.

10. If you want to be notified when a product becomes available, whether it's a new product you know from the Forum has been sent to wholesalers or a product months away, email me (sales@StarFleetGames.com) and include in the subject line NOTIFY and the name of the product. I will place your email into a pending folder and will send notices about the product you wanted to know about when we know more about it.