about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Friday, December 05, 2014

I Shot the Klingon

[Chorus]
I shot the Klingon, but I didn’t shoot no Romulan.
Oh, no, no
I shot the Klingon, but I didn’t shoot no Romulan.
Ooh, ooh, ooh Yeah

All around my home starbase,
They’re tryin’ to run me down, yeah.
They say they want to blow me up really
For the killing of a Romulan, for the life of a Romulan.
But I say, oh, now, now...

Oh, I shot the Klingon, but I swear it was in self defense.
Ooh, ooh, ooh I said, I shot the Klingon, Oh Lord
And they say it is a act of war offense, Ooh, ooh, ooh, Hear this.

Klingon Kagan always hated me, For what I don’t know.
Ev’ry time I colonize. He said, “Bomb it before it grows.”
He said, “Bomb them before they grow.”

And so, oh, now, now, Read it in sub-space.

[Chorus]

Starships came my way one day, And I started out of town, yeah!
All of a sudden I saw Klingon Kagan.
Aiming to shoot me down.
So I shot, I shot, I shot him down.
And I say, if I am guilty I will pay.

I shot the Klingon, but I swear it was in self defense
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Where was the Romulan?
I said I shot the Klingon but I swear it was in self defense

T-bombs had the better of me,
And what is to be must be.
Ev’ry day the battle a-go-a well.
One day the bottom a-go drop out.
One day the bottom a-go drop out.
I say, I, I, ...

[Chorus]


Filk written by Stephen V. Cole. Appeared in Captain's Log #35. (c) 2007