about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update on My Injured Finger

This is Steven Petrick Posting.

My right pinky finger is almost done healing. I know have a nice kind of "V" shaped scar on the tip of it, and the sensation of touch there is . . . well off. Not like it was before the pallet crushed it. The finger is fully functional, at least in so far as I can tell. I am not having any more difficulty typing with it at a computer keyboard than I have ever had (since I first learned to type). But it seems a little more sensitive to touch than it was before.

Mind you, I am not complaining. It would be the dickens to learn to type without a pinky (as other fingers would have to take over the job of hitting the keys that the pinky hits). So while it may be a while before I "forget" that the Pinky is "sensing" things a little differently than before and the sensations from there become "normal", at least it is still there and doing its job.