about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Another product done, and then...

Captain's Log #34 is done. We've printed the first hundred and the print engines are running full speed printing more. Wholesaler shipments start in a couple of hours and mail orders next Monday. During the last four weeks (when I was busy finishing Strategic Operations and then Captain's Log #34, and remember I was in Europe for the two weeks before that and getting ready to go to Europe the week before that) I was able to avoid a lot of things that should have been done. As a game publisher, it's incredibly easy to say "I'm finishing a product that HAS to go to press on X day. We'll chat then."

Well, it's then. And now I have to sift through all of the promises, all of the 'we will talk laters', and all of the things that I know need doing, and get them done, in some kind of logical order. And by the way, when we ship the first three boxes of Captain's Log this afternoon, we'll official reach the sales goal for the year we set back in January. Pity that I don't get to take the next 33 days as a vacation. After all, I did my job, right? Sigh.

I won't bore you with my entire list of things to do, but we really do need to get the opt-in newsletter working (that's scheduled for tomorrow), get that building Leanna bought a year ago put up in the warehouse (which will double our office space by using unused warehouse space), get communique 12 done, and a long list of other stuff.

I need to start on new products for next year, first being THOLIAN ATTACK. I have gotten pretty good at doing those ship cards, so that's fairly easy. The web rules are doing to take more doing, however.

The schedule for next year looks good. Thanks to Ken Burnside's conceptualization of the product line, the THREE fed commander products for 2007 are actually 21 (maybe 24) stock numbers and nine release dates. Add in two captain's logs and that's a nice year on its own. Once the outside RPG writers get the Federation and Tholian books done, and we get the conversions to a couple of other game systems done, we'll add several RPG products. The current plan is to print the counters for two or three or four SFB products in May and release them over the following six months or a year. Add in an F&E product and away we go with our best year ever.