about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What Steven Petrick is Doing Currently

This is Steven Petrick posting.

I am continuing to work on the Klingon Master Starship Book. SVC is doing the various graphics (which requires me to provide him a list of what changes I need made to an existing ship graphic to present the variant I need). I am also working on getting the Romulan Master Starship Book into draft. As is usual, sometimes being near done with one project, and working on another similar one, something in the similar one will trigger a thought to check something in the earlier one. Thus, working on the draft for the Romulan Master Starship Book is making the Klingon Master Starship Book better. Although the thought processes are rather odd.

An example of what I mean.

There are no stasis field generators in the Romulan Star Empire, but something in the Romulans triggered a thought about damage to stasis field generators, so I went back and added to the line (in each case, there being more than one Klingon ship with such devices) that stasis field generators are destroyed on phaser damage points a reference to the rule under volleys that you can only score on phaser damage point per volley on a stasis field generator [you can find that under (D4.0), I cannot remember the exact rule number here, but it is under the phaser directional damage rule]. So it makes the book a little better by having that information in one place for each stasis field generator equipped unit. And it is important, because I know when I had such a ship under me taking damage, there were times when I really wanted to take a second phaser damage point on the stasis field generator during the resolution of a given volley in order to preserve a phaser I could actually fire on the next impulse (or the next turn), and could not because I had already scored a phaser damage point in that volley on the stasis field generator.

The draft of the Romulan Master Starship Book is currently through an initial run-through of all the published non-early years and non-X-ships, the fighters, and the ground forces. I still need to do the Early Years ships, X-ships, fast patrol ships, and general units.

For Captain's Log #51, I am down to needing one tactics article for the battle groups, one for each, but that will just finish the battle groups. Lots of other things still need to be done.