about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Saturday, September 14, 2013

RANDOM THOUGHTS #159

Steve Cole muses: People have asked me what kind of music I like to listen to. Well, there are several categories, and most of what I like are the
      

FAST SONGS: These are good songs to have in the car when you're driving: Classic Gas (my all time #1 favorite song), the theme from Hawaii Five-Oh, Carry On Our Wayward Son, Just a Singer in a Rock and Roll Band, Sultans of Swing, Let it Ride, Ninety-Nine Tears, I'm so Excited, Ninety-Nine Red Balloons, Danger Zone, Wheel in the Sky, Barracuda, Don't Fear the Reaper, Long Cool Woman, Eye of the Tiger, the fast version of Layla, Holding Out for a Hero, and Rhiannon.
   

SAD SONGS: Love is Blue (all time #2 favorite), What if God was One of Us?, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Sundown, Diamonds and Rust, Fountain of Sorrow, Died in Your Arms Tonight, Fernando, Solitary Man, Knowing Me Knowing You, The Rains Down in Africa.
    

OTHER SONGS: You're so Vain, Paint it Black, and Someday Love Will Find You. These are all both fast songs and sad songs. Men of Harlech (the version from the movie Zulu) is also a favorite. I like very little classic music, my favorite being Rachmaninof's concerto in C minor. Some of the Weird Al Yankovic stuff is pretty funny, including Eat It and Like a Surgeon. My Sharona wins the guilty pleasure division, with Slow Ride a close second.
    

ALBUMS: In most cases, I don't care much for albums, as I only like one or two songs from each artist (although I like almost everything ABBA and Neil Diamond do). However, I do like entire albums of movie music, including most of the James Bond stuff, Top Gun, Lawrence of Arabia, and Guns of Navarone.
 

I don't like country music much, but I do like a lot cowboy music, particularly Frankie Lane, Gunfight at OK Corral, and Ghost Riders in the Sky.