about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

On Rights and Responsibilities and Voting

Jean Sexton writes:

In the United States it is Election Day, the day that we choose the people who will represent us in our towns, counties, states, and nation. Today it is not my job to tell you for whom to vote. Today it is my responsibility to remind you to vote if you have not already done so. It is a right that every US citizen has. It is a responsibility that we should shoulder so that our government functions as it ought.

I urge you to vote your conscience and to vote for the people who you believe will best represent you, your family, and those around you on the local, state, and national levels.

My father always told me that if you don't vote, you gave up your right to complain about anything the government does. Please choose to vote.

Thanks for letting me step up on my soapbox.