about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Monday, September 07, 2009

What to Post, What to Post

This is Steven Petrick Posting:

One of the fallouts of doing a blog is that you are always looking for something to blog about. This results in your really (well, at least for me it does) thinking about things that are going on. Hence the most recent blog of mine. I am finding, as noted, more and more a feeling that the elected members of the government are not adhering to their oaths of office to the Constitution . . . except perhaps in the breach. It bothers me greatly, as noted.

Finding things to blog about is always a problem. I would go back to "Terrorwerks", except that SVC thinks I just want to relive the experience rather than that I am fishing for something, anything, to write a blog about. Was there some other event there that I might get a few lines out of or an idea to expound upon?

I could comment on how fast the brain processes information under "stress" (as much as one can imagine stress in such a case). That was one of the things that startled me after the fact when SVC asked why I had left the "hologram". There was an entire analytical string that flew through my head in just a handful of seconds. It was not something I "agonized" over. But the review of the situation and apparently relevant data points was so fast that when asked I actually was not able to immediately articulate what my thoughts had been.

All through Terrorwerks my mind was working at a very fast rate. Reviewing data as it came in, considering courses of action, rejecting some, putting others into effect, with little real conscious thought (as scary as that may sound). The thoughts were there, and they could be dragged out if you sat me down to make me try to recall why I did what I did at any particular point. But there was no time for "hesitation", decisive action was called for.

I could only hope that each decision was right, but each had to be made on the available data that my senses were gathering to add to what I already knew.

I am a very lucky man that I never ever had to try to do this with real bullets flying, but those who have been there should always know they have my deepest respect and regret that I was not there to help shoulder my share of the burden.