about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Friday, May 01, 2009

What To Do If You Win the Lottery

This is Steven Petrick Posting.

Tonight the Mega-Millions Lottery will probably be won by somebody (or somebodies). A windfall of $220 million dollars.

I will not have the winning ticket, of course. Having a ticket at all, as others have noted, gives me the opportunity to dream (as long as I do not count on it, but as noted, I know my ticket will not be the winner).

There are a lot of things I would like to do with such a windfall, however (even if I anticipate that Taxes, accountants, and attorney fees will eat up half of it to start with . . . just to be on the safe side). Send my Nephews and my Cousins to the best schools I could get them into for example. My big thing is to make things better for the next Generation. And that means watching all of them to see which one will inherit (I have no heir). The one that will do whatever is needed to build up the wealth more, and use the wealth to continue improving the family.

If you win, look beyond yourself and do what you can for future generations.