about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tivo Backspace

STEVE COLE WRITES: Of all the features I love about Tivo, the one I actually use most often is the eight-second backspace button. I use it to get back to the start of a scene after fast-forwarding through commercials, but I use it more often to hear dialog I missed or see some leopard take down a gazelle one more time.

I wish my car radio had one. (I don't actually know if satellite radio has this, but I hope they add it before I buy my next car as I want satellite radio.) I was listening to a show today while driving back from the post office, and heard "... percent of teenagers have a myspace page, and parents are concerned..." I wished I could have hit the backspace button and heard if this was 20% or 80%. Anybody know?