about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Thursday, May 31, 2007

HAPPY TRASH DAY

When I came into work this morning, I was expecting to get a phone call sometime between 1pm and 5pm to go meet a truckload of landscaping stuff at my house. So, not wanting to start any big projects, and knowing that my list of SLJs (silly little jobs) was long and distinguished, I decided to declare this TRASH DAY when I would kill the 50% of my List of Things to Do which only involved 10% of the total work. That would make a lot of people happy, shorten my list, and no matter when I got "the call" I wouldn't be interrupted in the middle of some big thing that would be hard to start later. The call has yet to come. (Rumor has it that the truck will arrive at 7pm; I'll be happy if it shows up at all.) So I just kept doing one little thing after another, waiting for "the call".

I sent the box of convention door prizes and the gift certificates ordered by Council of 5 Nations.

I ordered the art for Omega Module #5 from Adam Turner.

I finished reading FYEO and passed a few bits of this to my nearest and dearest friends.
I reviewed a report on the Tholian Heavy Web Tender scheduled to be in Module R11 and ordered changes made.

A returning player said he had a 1993 rulebook for FEDERATION & EMPIRE and that Captain's Log #21 (published in 2000) said there was a file on the web site listing the changes to that rulebook to become the 2000 rulebook. He couldn't find it on the site, and neither could I. Checking my hard disk, I found it, and sent him a copy, then PDFed it and sent a copy to Matt to upload when he gets back Monday.

I Updated the SFU timeline file with the dates of coalition assaults on Kzinti and Hydran capitals. A Player had noted that these events were not listed.

I worked on that "pending folder" of 300 messages that accumulated while I was finishing CL#35. It's down to about 40. I answered 10 emails, processed 4 starlist requests, and read 4 daily compilations of dinosaur stuff.

Our warehouse guy noticed that the stock of F&E STRATEGIC OPERATIONS was lower than it should be and we reviewed the inventory and figured out when we were going to have to reprint this, which also drives the date to print the ISC War counters.

I reviewed the inventory on ship cards for Federation Commander and decided I could sell Ad Astra Games some space on our next laminated sheet, meaning they would have a product to sell at Origins they couldn't afford otherwise. (Much cheaper to print a lot of small things on one sheet of stock.)

I spent an hour working on the Capitalization Project. We have never had a coherent set of rules on what to capitalize or not, so Jean Sexton and I have compiled ten rules. The problem is rule #9, which requires 14 pages of examples.

I called the Canadian wholesalers about their orders for recent products.

I sent the F&E Early Beginnings map to Avalon so we can have one copy made for Origins.

I finished the sloppy quick and dirty version of the D7 deck plans file and sent it to Matt to post when he gets back Monday.

I asked Neale Davidson, the artist doing LEANNA'S FIGHTING STARSHIPS, to contact me. I nagged Gary Plana about GURPS PRIME STARSHIPS, John Schneider about the Seltorian miniatures, Jonathan Thompson about PD20 Modern, John Sickels about PD Feds, Loren Knight about PD Tholians. I asked Gary Plan to send me the GPD Errata sheet so Matt can post it and Andy Palmer to send met the PD20 errata sheet so Matt can post that as well.

I closed the Dec 06 miniature painting contest and set up files for the next six.

I finished the Revision Five Robot Rules for FedComm and sent them to Matt to post when he gets back Monday.

And, I posted this BLOG. Trash day is kind of cool.